1. Similar to Miss Anne, I will NOT save a little extra money by brewing coffee at home. My morning stop at OST Cafe is one of the highlights of my day - the people, the music and the energy make me start my day with a smile, and that's worth a whole lot more than $2.00.
2. Sometimes it's the tiniest things that are right in front of you that bring something special out in you. Like my rose` granati hand soap by Molton Brown (I've always been a sucker for amazing scents) or the photo of my friend Risa's son on my Blackberry - his adorableness could make anyone instantly happier.
3. Acknowledging your shortcomings (for me it's taking on too much and letting it stress me out) and working towards managing them a bit better. And knowing that in some cases, stress can be pretty darn productive.
4. Appreciating who you are, what you've accomplished and where you're headed whether in your career, your passionate hobby, your diet, your fitness regimen, your family and friendships or any or all of the above. Take it and own it.
5. Relishing in an indulgent (not-so-healthy) meal once in a while and knowing that it won't make the scale jump 5 pounds.
6. Listening to your gut, trusting yourself, respecting yourself and going after whatever it is you're dreaming of over the next 365 days!
Happy, healthy new year to you and yours! Keep an out on Monday, Jan. 3rd - I'll be talking it up about BonAppetit.com's Food Lover's Cleanse on CNN American Morning at 8:40am EST.
Images: Martha Stewart Living, Plush Palate