The Cheater's Cookie
Makes 48 cookies
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup natural peanut butter, chunky or cremay
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla *I like a lot of vanilla, so I usually put in 1 full Tbsp
1 ½ cups or 12 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate chips.
½ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup raisins
½ cup pretzels, broken into small 1-2” pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
3. In a stand mixer, like a KitchenAid, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until well-blended. *If you don’t have a have stand mixer, combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until completely blended. Turn the mixer speed to medium-low and slowly add dry ingredients. Beat until blended and add in chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins and pretzels. If you have time, chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
5. With a spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough a few inches apart on a greased baking sheet – 12 to 14 cookies should fit on each baking sheet. Bake cookies for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove cookies and cool.
Eat up people and let me know what you think!