Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer in the streets

This post is a quickie. I just wanted to mention the "Summer Streets" program that's currently going on in NYC. For the next two Saturdays in August (16th & 23rd), the city is shutting down Park Avenue/4th Ave from the Brooklyn Bridge all the way up to 72nd Street. That means no cars, buses or taxis allowed from 7am to 1pm. Bloomberg's ushering in runners, walkers, bikers, rollerbladers, you name it. I did a test run myself last Saturday, the first day of the program, and I have to say, it was great to see the city's streets from a whole new perspective. Here's me (post-run, pretty sweaty) in the middle of 4th Avenue.

So get out there and get moving! Finally, a quick note: I'm taking a breather and will be on vaca next week. I promise to return rested, refreshed and ready to blog!

No comments: