A few of our favorite picks to kickoff your weekend...
1. People's Pops :: who doesn't love a refreshing popsicle in 90 degree weather? People's Pops combines the freshest of fruits and seasonal ingredients provided by local farmers for a killer-tasting summertime (or anytime) treat. Checkout their new space in Chelsea Market and starting this Sunday, on the Highline. If they've got it, try the sour cherry-plum...seriously to die for.
2. Rick's Picks :: because pickles are just plain cool and Rick get his goods from local farms. yup, we're big on community support.
3. Claudia Pearson's summer tote :: so adorable and absolutely perfect for shopping at the greenmarket. love that Claudia's totes (and dish towels) feature seasonal produce - winter, spring, summer and fall. finds her goods and other fun items like seasonal coloring books at The Hester Fair on Saturdays and Sundays.
4. summer peaches! :: because they're bursting with flavor right now and are great for a quick, light and juicy summer snack. grab em at your local farmers market and get creative. i just whipped up a batch of fresh peach-basil frozen yogurt earlier this week. don't worry, recipe is on it's way.
5. Jill Malek :: Brooklyn-based designer and wallpaper-queen. Jill's graphic prints are incredible and she's branched out to fabulous printed yoga mats.
*and to sign-off this week on a charitable note, check out this Monday night's "Food for Thought, Captain to Captain" dinner in support of
photo credits: seriouseats.com, thedieline.com, simpledailyrecipes.com, jillmalek.com