Makes about 12 servings, 4 to 5 wings each
4 to 5 pounds free-range/organic chicken wings
1 1/2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/8 cups hoisin sauce
1/4 cup plum sauce
3 scallions, minced
6 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1. Rinse the wings and pat dry.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
3. Place the wings in a storage container, pour the marinade over, and marinate for at least 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil or use 2 roasting pans.
5. Distribute the wings on both pans, saving the excess marinade for basting. Bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 minutes with the remaining marinade and turning the wings about halfway through to brown evenly. I personally like mine cold, but warm or cool, you can’t really go wrong.
The Facts: 180 calories; 2g fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 15g protein